Basic Lesson: The students will be able to identify the parts of an animal and plant cell and describe each of their functions by creating a model of each type of cell and sharing with their classmates.
Advanced Lesson: Using slides provided in the kit, the students will observe plant and animal cells and practice identifying the different part of the cells.
3.1 Compare the structure and function of prokaryotic cells (bacteria) and eukaryotic cells (plant, animals, etc.) including levels of organization of the structure and function, particularly with humans.
- Describe the basic structure and function of a cell.
- Observe cells using a microscope.
- Compare plant and animal cells.
- Create model/diagram of an animal and/or plant cells.
EQUIPMENT IN THE EXPLORE KIT
- Plant Cell Model
- Animal Cell Model
- Animal Cell Model Large
- Digital Microscope Eyepiece
- Slide Kit – Large
- Blue Slide Kit
- Cell Structures and Functions – Student
- Cell Structures and Functions – Answer Key
- Plant Cell Color Diagram
- Animal Cell Color Diagram