Turn your classroom into a science learning laboratory.
Our Explore Kits are FREE and engaging science kits filled with hands-on teaching tools.
Follow the included lesson plans, or use the activities to supplement your own curriculum!
1. Find a kit
Choose from a variety of kits for grades K-8.
2. check out a kit
• Call 406.603.4133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Helena School District will be delivered via interschool mail
• May be picked up at ExplorationWorks, Tuesday – Saturday between 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
teacher resource center loaner program brought to you by:
3. return a kit
Simply return your kit through interschool mail or to ExplorationWorks within two weeks, or call to request a renewal.
• Senses: Hearing – Grades K-2nd
• Senses: Touch – Grades K-2nd
• Senses: Taste – Grades K – 2nd
• Senses: Smell – Grades K-2nd
• Geology: Grades K-3rd & 6th
• Measurement: Grades K-1st
• Circulation: Grades 4th-6th
• Muscles: Grades 3rd-5th
• Nervous System: Grades 3rd-5th
• Solar System: Grades K-5th
• Respiration: Grades 3rd-5th
• Rocks: Grades K-4th
• Skeleton: Grades 3rd-6th
• Weather: Grades 3rd-5th
• Intro to Human Body Systems: K-2nd
• Cells: Grade 5
• Digestion: Grades 3rd-5th
The following kits are also available. These kits are composed of basic hands-on or visual teaching aids, with no formal lesson plans included. For more information on the kits listed below, please contact Lauren Rivers at email@example.com or call 406.603.4311.
Seeds & Leaves
Two boxes of animal x-rays
Horse baby tooth
Comparative animal hearts (specimen)
Comparative animal brains (specimen)
Mammal field guide
Animal bite kit (molds of animal teeth with labels)
Geography terms poster
Predator, prey, biomes quizmo game
Biome comparisons with teacher guide
20 ocean specimens to study
Sun spotter telescope
Solar bag (large-scale outdoor demo)
Water cycle poster
Renewable energy kit
Animal Kingdom Taxonomy Survey
Kit with specimens
Lens and prism set (6)
Laser box, optical set, and instruction model
One pair of diffraction glasses
LED - color wavelength array
DNA model sets (5)
DNA display molecule (1)
Happy sad balls (negative/positive magnets)
Ball and ring expansion set
Magnetic lines of force
Eddy Current demonstration
Iron filing demonstration containers (2)